Your privacy is very important to Rational Gaming Europe Limited (referred to herein as “PokerStars”, “we” or us”), the owner and operator of the website located at www.pokerstars.eu (the “Site”). We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the personal information collected by us in order to allow you to enjoy playing poker online at the Site, by safeguarding it utilizing the best in class software and hardware architecture, techniques, methods and procedures. We will comply with the terms of the Data Protection Act 2001 under the Laws of Malta when processing your personal information.
What information is collected and for what purpose
- As part of the Site account opening process and to allow us to provide services to you, we will ask you to provide us with certain personal information, including your name, telephone number, postal address, e-mail address and password as well as to certify that you are at least 18 years old or older in jurisdictions in which the minimum age for use of the Service is greater than 18. For the purposes of using the Service via the Mobile Software, you will be required to consent to the use of location-based services (LBS) by us to detect your geographic location. We may also use your information to verify your credentials from third parties including financial institutions, identification verification agencies and credit reference agencies for the purposes of us providing services to you. In addition, when you use the Service we store certain personal information, including information on your activity on the Site and information held on Devices (defined below) or systems that you use, to allow us to enhance the services that we provide to you. We, members of our Group, our affiliates and third parties providing services on our behalf will use your personal information for various purposes such as:
- to confirm financial transactions,
- to provide services to you;
- identification and vetting purposes;
- statistical analysis and research;
- research and development;
- marketing, market research and customer profiling;
- data analysis;
- to comply with licensing and regulatory requirements; and
- to analyse your credit and fraud risk.
- if required to do so by law or by regulatory authority;
- if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary:
- to comply with any law or comply with legal process served on us;
- to protect and defend our rights or property;
- to any regulatory body or licensing body or authority;
- to third parties for the purposes of settling or making payment in connection with any wager;
- to any payment management or debt collection company engaged by us to handle payment and collection processes to and from Users;
- to third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf;
- to any third party that purchases us or our business or any part of us or our business;
- to credit reference agencies as described in the circumstances described below in this Section 2;
- with your consent;
- for the purposes of disaster recovery; or
- as set out in Sections 5 and 6 below.
Where you fail to reimburse us for any chargebacks, denial or reversal of deposits you make, we may give details of your accounts and how you manage them to Credit Reference Agencies (CRA). The CRA will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations and records will remain on the CRA file for 6 years after the date of the chargeback, denial or reversal of payment. The information will be used by the CRA to prevent crime, fraud, money laundering, verifying your identity if you, your partner, other members of your household, your business or financial associates apply for other facilities, monitoring the operation of accounts you may hold, making decisions for credit, credit related or other facilities, trace your whereabouts, recover debts that you owe, statistical analysis and system testing.
Your personal information may be processed by us, other members or our Group, our affiliates, our agents and third parties providing services to us, in jurisdictions outside of the European Economic Area. In this event we will comply with the terms of the Data Protection Act 2001 under the Laws of Malta.
We will only use your name in publicity materials with your consent.
The name you register with us must be your own name. In addition, it is very important that you complete the account details with valid information, since it will be used in the course of validating financial transactions and the other aforementioned purposes. You are required to advise us of any relevant changes to your personal information.
Users are able to change account details by selecting an account option in the downloaded software.
Deposit and withdrawal processing
In the course of making a deposit, Users will need to provide deposit method information (example: credit card number). This information in conjunction with your other personal information might be used to clear financial transactions executed by you with PokerStars. You are required to advise us of any relevant changes to your personal information.
You should also do your part in protecting your information. Your Login Credentials are confidential and you are obliged to keep your Login Credentials secret and confidential at all times and to use your best efforts to protect their secrecy and confidentiality.
Please note that, if you use our Home Games service, your PokerStars player account User ID will also be your Club Manager or Member identifier, and will be displayed to the Club Manager and Members in the Home Games lobby, Club lobby and (if the Club Manager opts-in for inclusion in directories) public directories of Clubs. Thus, people who know you through Home Games and/or your Club will also know the identity of your PokerStars player account User ID. If you do not agree to this, you must not use Home Games.
Limits of Confidentiality
Legally Required Disclosures: Due to the legal, regulatory and security environment in which we operate, PokerStars may be required, under certain circumstances, to disclose personally identifiable information about our Users and we may not be permitted to inform you that we have done so. PokerStars will use reasonable endeavors to limit such disclosure to the following: where PokerStars believes in good faith that it is required to do so in response to a subpoena, warrant or other legal process; or where reasonably necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities to preserve and/or enforce PokerStars' rights. Further, we can, and you authorize us to, disclose your User identification, name, street address, city, state, post code, country, phone number, e-mail, and company information plus details of financial instruments used to deposit and cashout to third party agents of PokerStars or official government bodies as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy or other unlawful activity or activity that may expose us to legal liability.
Who receives your information?
Your rights in relation to your information
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. You can write to us at any time to review, change, obtain a copy of your information or have your details altered or corrected in accordance with your rights under the Data Protection Act 2001 under the Laws of Malta and in this event we may require evidence of your identity. In order to contact us regarding your information please e-mail email@example.com. We may in certain circumstances levy a small charge to cover the cost of administration regarding any request made by you in this regard.
Cookies are text-only strings of information that are downloaded to your personal desktop, laptop computer or mobile device (each a “Device”) when you visit a website. They are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises those cookies.
Detailed information about cookies and how we use them on the Site may be found in our Cookies Policy, which also describes how you can turn off cookies or control which cookies are set on your Device (see in particular the section headed “How to manage your cookie settings”).
Who are we?
Pokerstars is registered with the Commissioner of Data Protection under the Data Protection Act of the Laws of Malta.
We are committed to responsible gaming, and are dedicated to an enjoyable and positive gaming experience.
Our support team has assembled a list of questions that players often ask them, along with all the answers.
Poker Games FAQ
Frequently asked questions and answers about playing poker at PokerStars.
PokerStars has special offers running all year round, with cash prizes, seats to the best live events and much more.
How to Play Poker
You'll find the rules of poker, beginner tips and in-depth strategy in the PokerStars How to Play section.
Playing for Real Money
Make your first real money deposit and start playing at PokerStars. Deposits are fast and secure.