EU license information and FAQ
Questions and answers about the migration to PokerStars.eu
Players from Sweden, Finland, Poland, Romania, Greece, Slovenia, the Netherlands, Germany, Hungary and Luxembourg have moved already, and players from Latvia and Lithuania are currently moving to PokerStars.eu, the EU license. Moving your account is very easy and if you have any questions, you will probably find the answer here.
- When is the move to the PokerStars.eu platform?
- How to move your account
- Same games – same opponents
- How it will work
- What changes will I experience?
- Is there anything that could prevent me from completing the move to PokerStars.eu?
- How long will it take to move from PokerStars.com to PokerStars.eu?
- Do I have to move to PokerStars.eu?
- How do I know if I’ve successfully migrated to PokerStars.eu?
- Can I keep playing with my friends from other countries?
- This sounds great! I am from a different country in the European Union. Can I play on PokerStars.eu too?
- How about chat? Does this change the languages I can use at the tables?
- What if I experience any difficulties?
Q.When is the move to the PokerStars.eu platform?
The migration from our PokerStars.com technical platform to the new PokerStars.eu platform started on February 13, 2012 - the latest additions are Latvia and Lithuania (February 1).
Q.How to move your account
There are two simple steps to moving your account:
- Move to PokerStars.eu: A pop-up will appear once you log into your PokerStars software. Simply click the button "Move to PokerStars.eu".
- Download software: You must then download the new PokerStars.eu software. Click "Upgrade software".
You are now ready to play on PokerStars.eu!
Q.Same games – same opponents
You will still be able to access the same great games and tourneys, and play against the same players as you did on PokerStars.com. The player pool will not change.
Q.How it will work
When it is time to move your account you will receive detailed instructions when you log into your PokerStars.com account. All you need to do is follow these instructions.
You will retain the same username and password, you will still have access to all your usual games and promotions.
All balances on your account including cash, FPPs, VPPs and VIP status will be automatically moved over and will be immediately available in your account after the move is completed.
Q.What changes will I experience?
Q.Is there anything that could prevent me from completing the move to PokerStars.eu?
Yes, there are some scenarios where you would need to take action to complete the move (which is required to keep playing). These are:
- I am registered in tournaments (action: please unregister from any tournaments you are registered in), then complete the steps under 'How to move your account'
- I have a pending cashout (action: please wait until processed (up to 48 hours), or cancel it through the Cashier -> Pending Cashouts, then complete the steps under 'How to move your account').
- I have excluded myself from play (action: wait until the self-exclusion has expired, then complete the steps under 'How to move your account')
Q.How long will it take to move from PokerStars.com to PokerStars.eu?
Not long at all! All you need to do is go through a simple set of instructions and accept downloading the new client – the entire process should be complete within minutes.
Q.Do I have to move to PokerStars.eu?
Yes, the move is mandatory for players of the countries mentioned above.
Q.How do I know if I’ve successfully migrated to PokerStars.eu?
Once you have completed the instructions you received when logging on to PokerStars.com, you will be able to log on again using the PokerStars.eu platform - when you are able to log on again, you know you have successfully completed the move!
Q.Can I keep playing with my friends from other countries?
Yes, absolutely. You will not be segregated or moved away from the general population on PokerStars.com at all - PokerStars.eu will not change any of this.
Q.This sounds great! I am from a different country in the European Union. Can I play on PokerStars.eu too?
We are sorry, but you will not be able to move to PokerStars.eu if you are not a permanent resident of Sweden, Finland, Poland, Romania, Greece, Slovenia, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, Hungary, Latvia or Lithuania. We are evaluating rolling this out to other countries, but no further information is available at this time. If this changes for your location, we will certainly let you know!
Q.How about chat? Does this change the languages I can use at the tables?
No. This does not affect any of the rules governing our tables and games – as a courtesy to other players, we must ask that only English is used at the tables (unless other languages are specifically listed as approved at the table/tournament).
Q.What if I experience any difficulties?
Feel free to contact email@example.com at any time – we are here to help!