PokerStars VIP Program Rewards and Bonuses FAQ
- What is a VIP Player Point?
- When did the VIP Club program begin?
- How long does my status last?
- I understand that if I qualify for SilverStar VIP status during May, I keep that status through the end of June, even if I don't qualify during June. Do I still get the bonus FPPs during June?
- If I have enough FPPs to purchase an item, but do not currently have the required VIP status (e.g. GoldStar), can I still purchase the item?
- Do extra FPPs that I earn in the VIP program count towards earning PokerStars deposit bonuses?
- How can I check my status?
- Can I transfer VPPs to another player on PokerStars?
- Do VPPs expire?
- Will you have VPP tournaments to which you buy in with VPPs?
- If my VPP counter is reset at the end of every month, how will I ever achieve Supernova status?
- Where can I see a schedule of freeroll tournaments for VIP Club members?
- Where can I find a complete list of items that I can buy with my FPPs?
- So I understand I can buy into PokerStars tournaments and other tournaments with my FPPs?
- Do my FPPs expire?
- What do the percentages on the VIP level and overview pages refer to?
Q.What is a VIP Player Point?
VIP Player Points (VPPs) are a counter that is used to measure how much you play in PokerStars real money tournaments and ring games. The formula used to compute how many VPPs you earn for playing is described on our Earn page. Every time you earn a VPP, you also earn at least one Frequent Player Point (FPP), but as you advance in the VIP Club, you can earn even more FPPs for more frequent play.
Note that FPPs accrued through other means, do not qualify for VPPs, so do not count towards raising your VIP Club status. Specifically, the following do not accrue VPPs:
- You play (and win) a 1,000 FPP satellite that awards a seat into a 10,000 FPP satellite. You choose to unregister from that larger satellite and take the 10,000 FPPs. You can keep and use those FPPs, but you will not also receive more VPPs.
- Bonus FPPs that you accrue through the VIP FPP program. For instance, suppose you are a SilverStar VIP. SilverStar members receive an instant 50% FPP bonus. So if you earn 400 VPPs in a week, we give you 200 bonus FPPs. The 200 bonus FPPs we give you do not also get your VPPs.
- FPPs that we may give you for completing surveys, etc.
Q.When did the VIP Club program begin?
The VIP Club began on January 1st, 2006
Q.How long does my status last?
Status in the ChromeStar, SilverStar, GoldStar and PlatinumStar tiers lasts until the end of the calendar month following the month in which you qualified, unless you requalify for that level or qualify for a higher level. So, if you accrue 2,500 VPPs between June 1 and June 20, you have achieved GoldStar status for the month of June. That status will continue through the end of July. If you requalify during July (earning another 2,500 VPPs), your GoldStar status will continue through the end of August, and so forth.
Once you have earned 100,000 VPPs during a calendar year, you're a Supernova VIP through at least the end of March of the following year. We will extend your Supernova status on a month-by-month basis the year after you earn 100,000 VPPs, provided you continue to earn at least 6,500 VPPs every month, missing no more than two months of 6,500 VPP accrual.
Once you have earned the required 1,000,000 VPPs you're a Supernova Elite VIP through at least the end of March of the following year. In addition, we will extend your status on a month-by-month basis the year after you earn 1,000,000 VPPs, provided you continue to earn at least 50,000 VPPs every month, missing no more than two months of 50,000 VPP accrual.
Q.I understand that if I qualify for SilverStar VIP status during May, I keep that status through the end of June, even if I don't qualify during June. Do I still get the bonus FPPs during June?
Yes. You are a SilverStar VIP throughout June, including accruing bonus FPPs.
Q.If I have enough FPPs to purchase an item, but do not currently have the required VIP status (e.g. GoldStar), can I still purchase the item?
No, you must have the required number of FPPs and also be the necessary status level for the reward, at the moment you make the purchase. For example, if you were a GoldStar VIP in February, but it's now April and you are currently SilverStar, you will not be able to purchase GoldStar-only items at that time.
Q.Do extra FPPs that I earn in the VIP program count towards earning PokerStars deposit bonuses?
No, they don't.
Q.How can I check my status?
Full information about your tier status, month-to-date VPPs and year-to-date VPPs, as well as your FPP balance, can be found in your PokerStars Cashier window.
Q.Can I transfer VPPs to another player on PokerStars?
No. You cannot transfer FPPs or VPPs to another player.
Q.Do VPPs expire?
Yes. You actually have two VPP counters: one monthly (which determines your ChromeStar, BronzeStar, SilverStar, GoldStar, or PlatinumStar status), and a yearly counter (which determines your Supernova status). The monthly counter resets on the first of each month; the yearly counter resets every January 1.
Q.Will you have VPP tournaments to which you buy in with VPPs?
No. They are simply a system by which you track your play at PokerStars.
Q.If my VPP counter is reset at the end of every month, how will I ever achieve Supernova status?
We actually maintain two counters - a monthly one for the Silver/Gold/Platinum levels, and a yearly one for Supernova or Supernova Elite status.
Q.Where can I see a schedule of freeroll tournaments for VIP Club members?
All the information is here: VIP Club freeroll tournaments.
Q.Where can I find a complete list of items that I can buy with my FPPs?
The VIP store will show you all items available for purchase. Please note that some items require elite status to purchase, either SilverStar, GoldStar, PlatinumStar, Supernova or Supernova Elite status depending on the specific items.
Q.So I understand I can buy into PokerStars tournaments and other tournaments with my FPPs?
Yes. To learn more see buying into tournaments with your FPPs.
Q.Do my FPPs expire?
FPPs only expire if you do not earn any FPP Credits within one calendar year. For instance, if you earn any Frequent Player Points in the year 2013, your FPPs will not expire that year. However, if you earn no FPPs in the 2013 calendar year, your FPPs will expire on January 1st, 2014.
Q.What do the percentages on the VIP level and overview pages refer to?
The percentages next to or below the VIP reward values refer to the amount of gross revenue that is returned through VIP rewards. These percentages follow the same conditions and terms as the VIP reward value amounts.
If you have more questions about the PokerStars VIP Club, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
View the VIP Summary page.
Every PokerStars player is a member of the VIP Club. As you move up the levels, you get even bigger rewards.
No matter what your VIP level, earn rewards from the VIP Club. You’re a VIP from the first hand you play!
Use your Frequent Player Points (FPPs) to purchase exclusive items in the PokerStars VIP Store.
The PokerStars support team is on hand 24-7 to assist you, and can answer any questions not listed in the FAQ.