$1,000,000 given away in Milestone Hands
Play PokerStars ring games from 10:00 ET on December 1 and win a share of $1,000,000 in cash prizes across 300 special Milestone Hands! To boost your bankroll for free, keep an eye out for hands that end in six zeroes on our unique PokerStars counter.
At least $750,000 will be awarded across 300 Milestone Hands, and players dealt in to Milestone Hand 300 will receive extra big prizes. Plus, thanks to Stake Share, a minimum of $250,000 will also be shared by those playing the same real money stakes and game as the winning table - meaning hundreds of players could win!
There will be a special counter in the PokerStars lobby, where you’ll be able to check when the next Milestone Hand will hit, and how many hands there are left until the final Milestone Hand 300. The hand counter will be reset every 1M hands, and will count down from 1M to 0 each time. Please note that Zoom tables are not included in the promotion.
Also, don’t forget to check out your personal Challenge Window to find exciting $1 Million Milestone Hands December Festival Challenges from December 1-7. Start your Challenges now for your chance to win extra prizes just by playing ring games during the Milestone Hands.
How to win in a Milestone Hand
Cash prizes will be awarded every millionth hand, across 300 million hands, from 10:00 ET on Monday, December 1, onwards. Simply play any real money ring game at any stake for the chance to be dealt into a Milestone Hand.
The prize you could be eligible to win is based on your activity in the previous 49 hands you played leading up to the Milestone, plus the number of VIP Player Points (VPPs) you earn in the Milestone itself. Here’s how prizes are calculated:Milestone Hands 1-299
Milestone Hands 1-299
Players at the table in each of the regular Milestone Hands will win prizes as follows:
- Winner of each hand: (# of VPPs in last 50 hands x $100) + $100 = Cash prize
- Other players at table: (# of VPPs in last 50 hands x $50) + $50 = Cash prize
Example: if you earn 5 VPPs in the 49 hands before the Milestone Hand, and 1 VPP in the Milestone Hand itself, then you would be awarded a $700 cash prize if you won the hand (6*$100 + $100), and $350 if you lost the hand (6*$50 +$50).
A minimum of $1,000,000 will be awarded across the 300 Milestone Hands. Any outstanding money in the prize pool after the 299 Milestone Hands have been dealt will be added to the Milestone Hand 300 Stake Share (see below).
Milestone Hand 300
Players at the table dealt into the Milestone Hand 300 will win prizes as follows:
- Winner of each hand: (# of VPPs in last 50 hands x $1,000) + $4,000 = Cash prize
- Other players at table: (# of VPPs in last 50 hands x $500) + $2,000 = Cash prize
Example: if you earn 5 VPPs in the 49 hands before the Milestone Hand, and 1 VPP in the Milestone Hand itself, then you would be awarded with a $10,000 cash prize if you won the hand (6 * $1000 + $4,000), and $5,000 if you lost the hand (6 * $500 + $2,000).
Stake Share - Minimum $250,000 giveaway - How it works
Once all 300 Milestone Hand prizes have been calculated, whatever is left from the $1,000,000 promotion award fund will be shared between all players that were dealt into the same stake, betting structure and game type (for example $0.50/$1, No Limit Hold’em) at the exact time Milestone Hand 300 is dealt.
This remaining prize pool will be split proportionally among all players based on the number of VPPs each player has earned in the 49 hands leading up to Milestone Hand 300. No matter how much is awarded across the Milestone Hands, we’re guaranteeing a minimum Stake Share of $250,000 but the giveaway could be even bigger!
Tips for increasing your Milestone Hand prize money!
- Play on more tables - If you are able to play on more than one table at a time, you will increase your chances of being dealt into a milestone hand.
- Play longer sessions - The size of the prizes depends on the number of VIP Player Points (VPPs) you have earned while sitting at the table. Try to take a seat at a table well in advance of the next milestone hand to increase the amount of your potential prize.
- Loosen up - you earn VPPs every time you contribute to a raked pot. The more pots you play in, the more VPPs you will earn. Learn more about earning VPPs on our VIP Club pages.
Don’t forget that real money ring games are available on the PokerStars Mobile poker app, which means you have the chance to be dealt into a milestone hand wherever you are! Check the Mobile page to find out how to download now.
Promotional Details: Milestone Hands
- Only real money cash game hands dealt on the PokerStars desktop client and Mobile app are eligible for prizes.
- Milestone Hands will not be dealt in tournaments, Sit & Go's, Zoom games, Spin & Go’s, on play money tables, or on Home Games tables.
- PokerStars reserves the right to automatically disqualify tables from inclusion in a Milestone Hand based on activity that is contrary to the terms of the promotion.
- The Milestone Hands element of the promotion is only applicable to real money ring games. The winner(s) of a Milestone Hand will be deemed to be any player that won a portion of the main pot of the hand. The fifty hands used to calculate the prize money must be dealt at the same table the Milestone Hand was dealt, in the 60 minutes prior to the Milestone Hand being dealt. Any hands dealt before this 60 minute period will be excluded from the calculation. All prizes will be credited in USD.
- The Stake Share will be paid to all players playing at a table with the same Game Type, Betting Structure, and Stakes as the table the Milestone Hand 300 was dealt at, at the time the Milestone Hand is first dealt. Other factors are not taken into account, so 6-max versus full ring or CAP versus Non-CAP will not affect a table's eligibility for a cut of the Stake Share. Also, currency does not affect Stake Share, so $0.50/$1 is considered to be the same as €0.50/€1. The total amount paid in the Stake Share will be divided between all eligible players, based on the VPPs they earned over the last 49 hands at all eligible tables where they are still seated, in the 60 minutes prior to the Milestone Hand being dealt. Any hands dealt before this 60 minute period will be excluded from the calculation.
- All prizes will be credited in USD. Click here for general PokerStars promotion rules.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about Milestone Hands or the December Festival.