EU license information and FAQ
Questions and answers about the migration to PokerStars.eu
Players from Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovenia and Sweden have already moved to PokerStars.eu. Players from Austria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Ireland, Malta, Portugal and Slovakia will be joining PokerStars.eu in February, 2015. Moving your account is very easy and if you have any questions, you will probably find the answer here.
- How do I move my account?
- Can I move my account on my mobile or tablet device?
- Same games, same opponents?
- How does it work?
- What changes will I experience?
- Is there anything that could prevent me from completing the move to PokerStars.eu?
- How long will it take to move from PokerStars.com to PokerStars.eu?
- Do I have to move to PokerStars.eu?
- How do I know if I’ve successfully migrated to PokerStars.eu?
- Can I keep playing with my friends from other countries?
- What about chat? Does this change the languages I can use at the tables?
- What if I experience any difficulties?
Q.How do I move my account?
There are two simple steps to moving your account:
- Move to PokerStars.eu: A pop-up will appear once you log into your PokerStars software. Simply click the button ‘Move to PokerStars.eu’.
- Download software: You must then download the new PokerStars.eu software. Click ‘Upgrade software’.
You are now ready to play on PokerStars.eu!
Q.Can I move my account on my mobile or tablet device?
Yes, all you have to do is login and follow the instructions on screen.
Q.Same games, same opponents?
You will still be able to access the same great games and tourneys, and play against the same players as you did on PokerStars.com. The player pool does not change.
Q.How does it work?
When it is time to move your account you will receive detailed instructions when you log into your PokerStars.com account. All you need to do is follow these instructions.
You will retain the same username and password, and you will still have access to all your usual games and promotions.
All balances on your account, including cash, FPPs, VPPs and VIP status will be automatically moved over and will be immediately available in your account after the move is completed.
Q.What changes will I experience?
Q.Is there anything that could prevent me from completing the move to PokerStars.eu?
Yes, there are some scenarios where you would need to take action to complete the move (which is required to keep playing). These are:
- You are registered in tournaments. Action: please unregister from any tournaments you are registered in, and then complete the steps under 'How to move your account'
- You have a pending cashout. Action: please wait until processed (up to 48 hours), or cancel it via ‘Cashier’ > ‘Pending Cashouts’. Then, complete the steps under 'How to move your account').
- I have excluded myself from play. Action: wait until the self-exclusion has expired, then complete the steps under 'How to move your account'.
Q.How long will it take to move from PokerStars.com to PokerStars.eu?
Not long at all! All you need to do is go through a simple set of instructions and accept the download of the new client. The entire process should be complete within minutes.
Q.Do I have to move to PokerStars.eu?
Yes, the move is mandatory for players of the countries mentioned above.
Q.How do I know if I’ve successfully migrated to PokerStars.eu?
Once you have completed the instructions you received when logging on to PokerStars.com, you will be able to log on again using the PokerStars.eu platform. When you are able to log on again, you know you have successfully completed the move!
Q.Can I keep playing with my friends from other countries?
Yes, absolutely. You will not be segregated or moved away from the general population on PokerStars.com at all - PokerStars.eu will not change any of this.
Q.What about chat? Does this change the languages I can use at the tables?
No. This does not affect any of the rules governing our tables and games. As a courtesy to other players, we must ask that only English is used at the tables (unless other languages are specifically listed as approved at the table/tournament).
Q.What if I experience any difficulties?
Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org at any time – we are here to help!